For School Assembly and Community Events:
- The true story of young Daniel Boone, who learned much from the Delaware Indians along with the Indian folk tale of “How Bear Lost His Tail”
“Tom and Huck”
- An adaptation of Mark Twain’s classic Tom Sawyer, with Tom and Huck drawing members from the audience into their adventures (fun for both children and adults)
For Murder Mystery Banquet:
“He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not”
- There’s a secret in the holler and only a few know what it is. Jasper is ready to marry Betsy Sue, but Jasper’s brother Percy is not sure why. Betsy Sue’s mother, her brother E. P. with an Elvis complex, and pesky land surveyor Sylvester Higgins add to the cast of potential murderers.
This murder mystery has an introductory scene to introduce the audience to the characters and the plot with simultaneous follow-up scenes in various locations for the audience members to follow. The closing scene has the murder occur off stage. Then the audience members have the opportunity to question the characters in order to figure out:
- Who was the murderer?
- How was the murder committed?
- Why was the murder committed?
For Valentine’s Banquet:
“The Gift of the Heart”
- An adaptation of O’Henry’s classic story “The Gift of the Magi” with the setting during Valentine’s Day and the example of sacrificial love between a husband and wife.
“With or Without Love”
- Two of Jesus’s parables about love, The Good Samaritan and The Lost Son, and how caring and forgiving are a part of true love.
For Vacation Bible School:
“Put on God’s Armor”
(based on Ephesians 6:10-18)
- Day 1: Breastplate of righteousness, belt of truth, and shield of faith with a Biblical drama about Daniel in the lions’ den
- Day 2: Helmet of salvation with a Biblical drama about blind Bartimaeus
- Day 3: Good news shoes with a Biblical drama about Jesus’s disciple Simon Peter
- Day 4: Sword of the spirit with a Biblical drama about Peter and John and their witness with healing and preaching
For A Special Event:
Request a drama for your special event, and Maranatha will offer an adaptation of an existing drama or a creation of a new drama to meet your needs.